Skip to main content

More This And That

Another collection of pictures I have taken on trips around town that amused me or made some kind of statement.  Hope you enjoy them.



I love cloud formations.  The varied grays, blues, and sometimes pinks and violets are really quite awesome.  For what this place lacks in day-to-day weather, it makes up in clouds.  Giant miles-high formations due to gulf breezes, occluded fronts and other meteorological stuff I don't have time to get into right now.


Here is another one that struck my fancy.  This one was coming off the Skyway one day recently and liked the different heights of the clouds and the little tinge of blue peeking through.


At a recent trip to the doc's, I noticed this lady had rubber bands around her shoes and feet.  Hmmm?


This flattened frog I saw at Shawshank could easily be floating on a water raft taking in some sun.  Legs relaxed and arms behind the head, it could squint your eyes and see the buxom beauty.  OK, its a stretch, I know. 


First time I have seen a restroom door designed for NOT having to use the handle.  Nice, but why don't more places use them?  This was at a Golden Corral in Clearwater.


Saw this '73 Mercury Cougar at Sun Toyota in the showroom for $23,000.  My buddy, Richard in Burgess has one of these he is restoring.  Last I heard its going to be green like this one, too.  I didn't buy it.


Sign of the times?  Look at all the off-brand cigarettes for sale at a gas station.  Classic, Seneca, and Buffalo's.  The 305's are made by prisoners in Miami, thus the low prices.


Norah's face at the last spoonful of chocolate ice cream.


Norah and some of her friends.


Saw this in the sky at Shawshank during the Republican convention.  A sign from God?



If anyone needs a bunch of pine cones for their holiday crafts just let me know.  I can get you all kinds of sizes and as many as you want.


This was in a different Toyota dealership but owned by the same guy.  This was a 1970 Pontiac GTO.


Looking at the price I'm sure I don't have to tell you I didn't buy it.



The current Mrs. Blythe's new-old car which she did buy.  It is a 2006 Mercury Grand Marquis with 30,000 miles.  I think she got a good deal. Her 1998 Chevy Malibu 180,000 miles has been sold.  It was a good car and safely hauled people to South Carolina, an army base in Georgia, up to Chicago to pick up a stranded Brendan, and everywhere in between, not to mention several trips to Clarksville.  It was a great car.


And finally, a new-fangled hand dryer at a restroom in the mall in Clearwater.  This baby is fast and unlike all the other dryers, it gets your hands super dry.  Too bad this place didn't have the neat non-handle touching door thing mentioned earlier in this post.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant