Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits



These two desperately lousy iPhone pictures were taken on my last day in Northlandia this trip.  The top is at the bridge just past McCaws heading to Fisher's corner.  (Growing up and driving I never learned road numbers - just local landmarks.)  Strange picture of treeline.  It was actually much lighter since there was a new Harvest Moon that night.  

The bottom picture is me heading toward Seaton with a bit of low-lying fog and a car approaching.  I really thought it could have been a good picture, but alas, not with a little cell phone camera.  I  had my good camera but to get it set up and on a tripod would have been a waste of time.  

Just another example of the varying ability of a small sensored camera.  Go out and get a nice camera and take it wherever you go.

++++++++++



Reader, college classmate and old friend Russ "Rascal"  Foust sent me this picture of some place in Nebraska.  "Thought you might enjoy the photo.  Difficult to comment without being cruel - the paradox."

++++++++++

Did You Know?

A few presidents have been rumored to have tattoos but the only confirmed Presidential ink is Teddy Roosevelt who had his family crest tattooed on his chest.  The more I learn about Teddy, the more I like him. 

++++++++++


Thanks to Les Brown and AAA Pest Control for getting a handle on my house guests.

++++++++++

Did You Know?


Dr. Phlegm and Dr. Jaquish




This is a commercial for Smart Swab that you will see fairly often on antenna-free TV and maybe even regular cable and DISH, I'm not sure.  The doctor giving the testimonial, Dr. Shelley Jaquish, is the partner of my ear Doc, Dr. Phlegm, here in St. Petersburg. Huh?  Who knew?  I did.


++++++++++




It's just the last week of September but the local Wal-Mart has their Christmas stuff out a full three months early.  Nothing like getting your Yuletime supplies a quarter of the year in advance.  Wal-Mart, you whore, you are amazing.

++++++++++




Spied upon leabing the St. Pete Home Deport.  Not sure of the year but 70's or 80's and still running for its lucky owner.  Nice looking bike.  I've thought often of finding an old Kawasaki 90, my first bike before I was legally able to drive, and restoring it.  

++++++++++


I was over at Kenzie and Drew's this weekend and saw this gecko lizard capture a big spider and eat it.  It was kind of funny in a grotesque nature kind of way because everytime that lizard munched down the spiders legs would flex.  Okay, okay, gross and disgusting.  I hate spiders so one less in the world won't tip any scale one way or the other.  

++++++++++

The Oak View Country Club in Emerald City had a tournament two weeks ago.  Foursomes were formed with three guys and an auctioned female.  The name was 'Three Sacks and a Rack'.

++++++++++

The Met's, bless their little New York hearts are still hanging in the playoff picture.  Two years in a row for post-season play is unbelievable.   Just one more week, guys.  You can do it.

++++++++++

Wonder if anyone changed their mind last night.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant