Skip to main content

More New Random Pictures


The blog is always hungry and since I have set the standard for new entries each day (give or take weekends) carrying the camera, or phone around is second nature. It is amazing what you see out there on any given day and thus, on Saturday, January 21st, this is what I saw.




The Farmer's Market is in full swing but failed to spot my Bloody Mary Mix maker and the line was too long at the fresh fruit stand, so decided to get Holly a metal gecko I promised from a few months ago.  But there were a couple things to snap first.  Here we have a purveyor of hugs.  He wasn't alone, as there were free huggers all over St. Pete this weekend, some sort of feel-good civic function, or another example of big government, take your pick.  I stayed away because I'm particular about who gets to squeeze me and feel me up.   


Also not too far from the free huggers,  was this stand telling everyone breast feeding is normal.  Not sure if they were selling anything other than that message, and didn't want to find out.


USF is pretty close to where the car was parked and one of their dorms sits right next to the sidewalk.  Perhaps this is a missive to Bob, who may have gone to the Breastfeeding stand at the Farmer's Market, or maybe it's some newfangled college cryptic message.  Either way, its an odd thing to use your window as a "To-Do" list.    


Heading over to Tyrone Square Mall, saw these two bikers riding together.  At first the Lone Wolf patch struck me as humorous with him having a buddy to ride with and all, but further research had another somewhat interesting twist to this picture.  Apparently the Lone Wolf No Club is a nationwide organization for bike enthusiasts to look like a badass biker without actually having to be a badass biker.   In essence, it is a way for people to play pretend being a biker without all the hassle of actually joining a biker club, which, I suppose has certain risks, depending on the club, of course.  By the way, the other rider is wearing a Chicago Bears ball cap.  Insert funny comment here.


Having made it over to the Mall, we entered the New York & Company store which is closing its doors for good here at the Mall.  My daughter was a co-manager and is leaving the company after pleas to stay on in another local store.  She has decided to become an administrator at Piper Fire in Largo.  It will be a M-F job with weekends off, a very alluring prospect if you have never had it.    


The parking lot had this truck and message.  I didn't think you could buy monkeys, but, evidently, you can down here.


Went looking for pooches again this weekend, but arrived at this one just as it was closing.  


Saw this dead moth that may have come off the front of the car, or simply decided to die at this spot.  Look at the size of it.  Its the size of a bird. 



This is NOT a political blog.  I blurred the party written on this bill.  And this could easily have been written with any political party.  But the reason I am posting this is who has the hate to take a bill and write on it?  A member of the family received this in a transaction and  I wondered who has the time, inclination and anger to write on bills?



Norah, my biker chick.  I put this one Facebook and received lots of good comments.  I have noticed on Facebook there are three levels of stuff people leave after you write something:

LEVEL ONE:  Lots and lots of comments and likes if you post babies, kittens or puppies.
LEVEL TWO:  If you post a picture of yourself or song lyrics there will be dramatic drop in comments.
LEVEL THREE:  Post political crap and you'll virtually be ignored. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant