Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits



Spotted in my Cabin In the Woods yard a couple days before my return to Floriduh.  It was quite pretty, and I thought about the construction of these nests - they were scattered through out the yard. Google said it is either a lawn spider variety or a ground fungus.   What do you expect out in the woods?

++++++++++








I never tire of the beauty of flight.  By the way, Allegiant and TSA had new streamlined security measures.  I didn't have to take my shoes off and did not have to go through the scanner. 

Also, Norah came to the airport with her Mom and Dad to pick me up.  It was just like in the movies as she came rushing up yelling "Papa" and a long embrace.  Awww.  Tear ducts open, fade to black, credits roll.

++++++++++  



A couple St. Pete cops patrolling Target last week.

++++++++++


Don't believe it.

++++++++++ 

A couple weeks ago all the networks had a piece on a lady who improvisationally started singing the national anthem at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C.  Great singer and happy to see someone moved by the place, but she sang in a way that hate but is rampant in the music world today.  I'm not sure what they call it but it is a kind of vocal riff where you squeeze 10 notes into a single one, which to me is nothing more that showing off.  What do you expect from an old guy who's not that into music in the first place?

++++++++++

Speaking of music, I'm all atwitter over news that Meat Loaf will release an album (do they still use that word?) on September 16th, Braver Than We Are, with Jim Steinman.  Be still my heart.




Alfred and I donning old plastic bowl wraps.  Norah and I used to do this when she was just a baby.  I don't know why.  It just is/was.  

++++++++++ 





Nest camera capture of first morning of me babysitting both Alfred and Norah.


++++++++++


Nearby Wal-Mart in flames.  Not all people are good.  Not all fires are bad.

++++++++++



My Cabin in the Woods near Emerald City has been buttoned up for a couple weeks now.  I shall return toward the end of August for a few weeks.  I need to replace a thermostat and looks like I will need some plumbing work in the old outhouse in the back, too.  It is a great little cabin and look forward to returning for some bike riding, car showing and sky picture-taking.  Until then, Kenzie and her family are moving to their new house, I am moving to a new complex, and babysitting the girls.  Busy time.   

++++++++++

I can say without equivocation that I will never attempt to say "entrepreneurial", or "entrpreneurialism" without at least three beers first.

++++++++++

Hi, Tommy and Rose.

++++++++++

By this time next week I should be in my new place, Waterboard Apartments.  Frankly, I'm all moved out.  I'm hoping it will go smoothly and fast.  Bet it doesn't.

++++++++++  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant