Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits




These two guys came into Chipotle the day I came up to Northlandia.  One in the lower picture was wearing a silver medal of sorts and both in running garb.  Both were splattered by various pastel colors.  Daughter Kenze told me they now splash finishers with chalk.  They didn't do that when I ran the Rhubarb Festival 3K.

++++++++++



Teaching Alfred the joys and science of Popsicles.

++++++++++

Ever wonder why many of the plastic headlight covers are foggy?  Me too.  It is surely an embarrassment to the automobile manufacturers.  Probably one of those lowest bid resulting in poor quality things.

++++++++++
   


Nothing says "We Love Our Customers" quite like putting security bars on shopping carts so you scumbag thieves won't take them outside and rip us off.


++++++++++



As Alfred and I were saying goodbye to Candy, our crossing guard who we came to rely on, who is retiring this week, a car went zooming by.  A cop parked nearby pulled them over in the parking lot at Waterboard.  She told us he had been nearby only 7 minutes and caught 2 of them in a 20 minutes.  We really liked Candy and got in a habit of buying her a cookie from Burger King every so often. 

++++++++++

You know?  If I plunk down $5, or $20, or $40 for gas I should be able to get air for my tires free.  The fact that these places charge for air really sucks.  Cheap ass bastards. 

++++++++++ 

I couldn't figure out why Good Morning America, something I was forced to watch on antenna free TV in Northlandia, kept airing entertainment segments regarding a new movie coming out, called Rogue One, some kind of Star Wars flick.  So I checked to see who owns ABC and discovered it was Disney, distributor of Rogue One.  Mystery solved.  Speaking of schlocky shilling, I was also forced to watch Dr. Phil, a more refined veneer of a show but very much like Springer, and at the end of one of the episodes he began shilling a cosmetic facial cream made by his wife.  Lord, all dignity has vanished from the commercial broadcast networks.  That and their shows are sub-par compared to premium channels.  No wonder their viewership is dwindling.  I never watch it in Floriduh but have to in antenna-free form in Emerald City.  My advice when confronted with anything on ABC, NBC or CBS - grab a book.

++++++++++ 

Slightly sad confession:  I have 3 SD cards for my camera.  I brought back 2 from Northlandia after having taken some pictures of the snow, a sunrise and some in the country.  The card I used I forgot to bring back.  You will have to wait for Spring for those stunningly dazzling masterpieces. 

++++++++++




Imitating what she sees every morning Alfred packs her backpack and heads to school.  


++++++++++

Now that my mini-vacation is over all those wonderful, delicious Midwest foods are history.  If only I could bring them all back on the plane with me.



Spoonie's
LaGondola
Whitey's
Jalisco's
Deer Meat Chili
River Catfish
Johnsonville Brat Burgers (Grillers)
Jerry's pizza


++++++++++




The first morning of my return to Northlandia and the cabin in the Woods.  Woo Hoo!




And finally...






That'll do Floridian.  That'll do.



++++++++++






Alfred sneaking up on Santa.  Funny the way kids mind's work.


++++++++++

I wonder why toilet brushes and caddie are white.

++++++++++

This will be the final Tuesday Tidbits until next year.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant