Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits



Looking forward to having a couple beers with friends and having a couple beers with friends.

++++++++++



It's always nice to put these in the rear view mirror.  By the way, we went to a place called Sweet Tomatoes for lunch a while back.  It's one of those trendy 'salad mostly' places millennials, yuppies and health freaks love.  The only meat I saw in the place was a bowl of bacon bits to dabble on your lettuce.  Anyway a guy who was clearly in his 50's actually skipped in front of us for about 20 feet to get to his table after grabbing something at the counter.  I looked at his table thinking he was showing off for grandkids or something and it was just him and his wife and she had her back to him.  Spontaneous exuberance.  My only thought was, "Must not live here."    



++++++++++




Brrr.  I love the cold, even if I had to put some coal in the stove here at the Cabin.  An electric blanket in a cold room is almost as comforting as ice cream.


++++++++++





++++++++++





++++++++++




Like her sister before her, Alfred enjoys these oversized Legos.  This was our first collaboration.  Unfortunately, lately she has decided that building is boring.  It is much more fun to empty them onto the floor and then kick them all over the room.

++++++++++



Yup, it's official.  The one car I would ask for is ever given the chance - 1949 Delahaye 175 S Saoutchik Roadster.











Forget the heat, and the uncomfortable lawn chairs and the overdone brat burgers - just give me all the trophys and ya' all can head on home.

PS - How the hell do you even see where you are going?  Guess it doesn't matter, everyone will be stopped and staring.


++++++++++



This lovely guy was slowwwwwwwwly climbing our section of fence last weekend.  I took his picture then realized I don't know anything about them.  Better look him up and find out more.  All of a sudden I have a thirst for knowledge.  


++++++++++




Animals do the darndest things.

++++++++++


I saw a tidy little spook movie last week called The Autopsy of Jane Doe.  I thought I owed it to myself since it was Halloween after all.  It was a weird one, but not bad.  Like most horror films, things kind of fall apart somewhere toward the end but up until that part it was worth watching. 

++++++++++

I got an anonymous note after the post on the Flashback outside whizzing a couple weeks ago.  They recommended I try the bridge south of Kenney's.  I know that bridge.  And I will try it out one of these times back in Northlandia.  Thank for the tip.

++++++++++





I was too late to film the bob-and-weave before this final surrender to sleep.


++++++++++




When we moved into the Sinkhole Estates a couple weeks ago we inherited a fan the previous owners had.  I couldn't figure out the 2 knob deal with it so looked it up and discovered one of them is a thermostat.  Now I'm no HVAC expert or anything but I was only familiar with the on-off, on-off version of the simple box fan.  

So, I guess, since the thing doesn't actually itself increase the cooling temp of the air, it turns off when the AC does, thus, hell, I don't know save you what, exactly.  I don't know, but marketing is a wonderful thing.

++++++++++

Politicians suck.  Isn't it interesting that in this season of outing sexual predators, women in Congress tell their stories but refuse to name names.  The Club, even with deviant behavior, circle the wagons and protect each other.

++++++++++ 


The World Series is now over for another year, and it was a good one, although the lateness of the games restricted some of my viewing.  7:30 rolls around early and I have lesson plans, and all that, too, for the daycare.   Congrats to the Astros.  It is now time to focus on next year. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant