Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits

A compendium of things I see, run across or do that interests me and might interest you.  Some items I may or may not personally believe.  Don't kill the messenger.  If you don't like it, move along.  






Allegiant Flight 870 as I boarded last week.  I don't know why people knock their safety record.

++++++++++



Picture in Gails Flooring in Emerald City  This is a group of people, including Boy Scouts, in the Keithsburg are who went to Springfield to tour the capitol.  Upper row second from left was Don Dodson who was our barber.   



I wasn't aware that Oly was a Boy Scout.  




++++++++++




++++++++++


Jeff:  What happened to bodine-DILLIGAF?

Tim: Can we tinker with August?

Danny:  Go C????!

++++++++++

Whizzbang Week 6






Perfectly placed fig leaf.



++++++++++



++++++++++



Mr. And Mrs. Wombie moved to a new abode.  This common yellowthroat landed on their back door screen and then decided to stay.  I don't much about birds, but I do know how to order a bucket at KFC.  This little guy didn't fly away like most birds.  Instead, he stayed and stayed.  he stayed long enough that both Wombies went outside - one to take this picture and the other to pet it.  Pet?  DO birds like to be petted?  Apparently they do if they are sending a sign of :Happy Home" or if they have avian flu.  It was one of those "Awww" moments that added a nice sheen to the frazzle of emptying boxes.

++++++++++


I forgot to send you a picture of a lilac in bloom.  No other scent yells "Spring" quite like a lilac, unless its the smell of all those dog bombs you didn't pick up in the snow drifts. 

++++++++++


   "Everything's up to date in Kansas City"

++++++++++

Women's fashion can be curious.  I see these blouses with holes in the shoulder.  Okay, nice, but then you see the bra straps, too.  Not so nice.  Hmmm.  

++++++++++


 Picture of a 4 year old kid crossing the desert from Syria to Jordan.  UN authorities intercepted him.  The only thing in his shopping bag were clothes belonging to his mother and sister, who had been killed.  Don't paint all immigrants with Liberty Valances's brush - most are folks just trying to find a better life for themselves and their families.  Just like all of our ancestors.


++++++++++

Saw The Hostiles this week and liked it a lot.  I recommend you see it - loved the last scene.

I have also been binging Peaky Blinders.  Its quite good, too.

But yesterday, for Memorial Day I watched several episodes of Band of Brothers.

++++++++++

This abbreviated Tidbits is due to "a virus of unknown origin."  It was the 24 hour variety - nothing gross just laid me up for a bit.  I'll do better next week.






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant