Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits

Okay, so I'm kind of posting this week and will take next week off.  Plans changed and, guess what?, I'm in Northlandia for a week.  Soaking up some cold, ice and snow.  I'll be taking a break at the end of this week so you guys can find something else to do over your morning coffee.  As usual, play nice and be kind. 


++++++++++




I have felt the sting and joy of winter.  I am happy. 



++++++++++

 




Norah gave me a handmade Valentine's card.

Worth a million bucks.

++++++++++

Speaking of Northlandia, I have arrived.  





++++++++++


That new Lincoln commercial with McConaughey playing pool is the most pretentious pile of shit I've ever seen.  I have thereby decreed that commercials that make me sick will translate into absolutely zero possibility of buying that product.  Of course, Lincoln you are safe since I couldn't afford you in a 10 lifetimes.

Same with that stupid witness protection thing from Liberty Mutual Insurance.  These commercials want to take up 30 seconds to 2 minutes of your time.  The least they can do is be clever, witty,  insightful, or amusing, or at the least not be vapid, condescending or annoying.  

Therefore, today, I call on all my readers, past and present, and all the citizens of the world to unite!  No more bad commercials.  If your marketing team hires an incompetent company to market your problem we, the consumers, will boycott your product!

Let me see a show of hands who are with me.  

Raise them high.

Hello out there?

Beuller?  Beuller?



++++++++++




Especially when I am in Northlandia.


++++++++++


The comically stupid remark by Lindsay Graham yesterday is a perfect example of sycophantic partisan political hacksmanship.  If you didn't catch it, he said Kentucky children need a secure border more than a classroom.  Nothing, and I mean nothing is more sacred than the American classroom.  It is our future and the foundation for returning to greatness.

The dumbing of America is almost complete.  It could be irrevocably completed in 2020. The antidote is education.



++++++++++






++++++++++









Whizzy being a little frisky in the back yard.


++++++++++






Apparently they are still around.

  
++++++++++




Shady Lane where I live, or as I call it, Death Valley, had a bazaar last week.  How lazy are you to put out signs on the main road around here that are misspelled?  Your template is too big for the boards you got but you shrug your shoulders and say, "Good enough for this dump."  Embarrassing.



++++++++++  





++++++++++



Sunday was a good kite flying day at the park.


++++++++++





++++++++++





(To the tune of Candle In the Wind)



It seems to me you lived your life
like a rover in the wind
never fading with the sunset
when the dust set in.

Your tracks will always fall here,
among Mars' reddest hills;
your candle's burned out long before
your science ever will.

. I owe you so much. ++++++++++

++++++++++
++++++++++


see what the boys in the backroom will have

And tell them I’m having the same

Go see what the boys in the backroom will have

And give them the poison they name

And when I die don’t spend my money

On flowers and my picture in a frame

Just see what the boys in the backroom will have
And tell them I sighed and tell them I cried
And tell them I died of the same



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant