Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits





++++++++++







This monster was lurking outside near the garbage cans last week.  I was brave and shooed it off.  I am moving.   




++++++++++





No, this isn't Nature Is Metal, a lizard sits atop one of our metal herons outside.  



++++++++++









++++++++++






It won't be long, now.


++++++++++




I saw this kid in Wal-Mart last week.  While playing a game, hopefully on mom's phone, he was oblivious to everything around him.  Somehow, I think a kid that young should be paying attention to the world around him, even if it is Wal-Mart.  I'm not so sure smart phones/social media aren't the worst possible inventions of the past 20 years.

++++++++++




I see Big Zo might return to the Cubs in the Fall.  Atta boy.  Have your big cry after discovering life isn't all fun and games and big money contracts.  Still a Pussy.



++++++++++








Ayla arrived to Papa's Daycare with her bling.  Which reminds me, I'm almost there - August is within sight.  Northlandia, Northlandia.  

++++++++++





Coming to a Theater Near You


The Movie Everyone Is Talking About

"The Hound With No Body!"

I'd crawl on my belly for a treat...

Starring Whizzbang, aka, Dumbstruck the Wonder Pup



++++++++++






++++++++++






Yeah, I know.  We turned apolitical last month.  Just couldn't resist this one, though.  OK, back to safe mode.


I swear.


++++++++++

I wet myself after seeing the Amazon Prime movie Hell House LLC.  

I wet myself again when I saw Hereditary.


Scary.  Or maybe it's just my senior incontinence.

Oh, and by the way, you horror makers, you terror schlockmeisters, you haunted house huxsters,  the movies are fun scary when you don't know whats in the room or at the end of a dark hallway.  Once you do a "reveal", they always get less scary.  So do us a favor and forget old Uncle Lester from 60 years ago that killed three kids - that ain't scary, that's real life.  Keep it simple, keep it dark, keep it  mysterious.  




++++++++++




++++++++++



A newly discovered photo of a concentration camp survivor holding a gun on one of his captors.  Who could blame him if the gun went off accidentally?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant