Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits

“Nothing is so difficult as not deceiving oneself.”

— Ludwig Wittgenstein, Culture and Value



++++++++++




++++++++++


At the moment you are reading this, I have 11 more days of babysitting duty.  More or less about 55 hours of actual watching.  Some say I will miss it.  They would be wrong.

I feel like dancing.


++++++++++ 


  

++++++++++




This video system on Blogger is horrible.  I've never had one work. Betcha it doesn't work.
++++++++++






This says Fox News on the header so you can take it with a grain of salt.  It also said this happened in Florida, so that much has to be true.  When the chicken you are served tried to leave the table, that is some fresh meat.


++++++++++  



++++++++++






++++++++++







For Alfred's birthday we all went to Ford's Garage. The place is cleverly made to resemble an auto garage with engines placed here and there, Henry Ford sayings (the non racist ones) and great food.  I liked one of the sayings behind us on the wall, "If I'd asked the people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses."  It was a nice place and I'd gladly go back.  And, no steak for me, I got the meatloaf.   








And the wait staff helped celebrate her birthday with a treat. 



++++++++++





Saw this car in a parking lot.  Yeah, it looks wrecked but it is all chrome.  Over the rear wheel well you can see my reflection - I was wearing a pink polo.

Weird.  But pretty cool too.

++++++++++




Like a spider.

++++++++++





++++++++++




++++++++++

Word from the mountain is that Gentle Ben Zobrist, Cub's bubble-wrapped Christian who discovered a big, not-always-good world out there and subsequently went on a sabbatical to find himself/herself/whoever has decided to rejoin the ball club in September.  Word is that he is going to stop at Monmouth's Crybaby Bridge on his way back to Chi-town.  Cubs fans rejoice.

Hey, when you are a Mets fan you find solace where you can.


++++++++++

So, we're going to keep the blog rolling for another three weeks, more or less, then go on a short hiatus while I am up in Northlandia.  In my future I see bike riding, dark sky photography, maybe drone photography, a cold beer or 80, sitting on a bar stool somewhere or someone's garage, roadtrips, finding friends, grateful for Mr. and Mrs. Wombie, breakfast with the girls, camper life?,Tanner's, smelling corn, ham loaf, meat loaf, but sadly, no Jerry's pizza.


++++++++++




     

And finally, firsts are fun.  The picture above was taken last week from the Regal 8 movie theater in Largo.  As part of Ayla's birthday celebration, her mother called in all the relatives to join them to see The Lion King.  It was one of those things I didn't want to go but glad I went after I got there.  Here she is, uncertain of what was to happen.  First time seeing a movie in the theater.  She even brought her blankee.  Yep, firsts are an awful lot of fun.  







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant