Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits





++++++++++

I might be the only one out there who doesn't like Bill Murray.  I've never found him particularly funny.  The gopher scene in Caddyshack didn't seem inspired to me.  He looked developmentally disabled.  The snarky, smirky, wink-wink "aren't I just too cool for words" persona does nothing for me.  But I think I am alone.  Been there before.


++++++++++






++++++++++

In the past week or so there have been F-16's buzzing around in the area.  We aren't too far from the National Guard station at the Airport.  I have tried to get a video but by the time I get my iPhone out and into videos the thing is gone.

This is the best I could do.







++++++++++


I'm so "out of it" I don't know who Billie Eilish is.



++++++++++


Read this somewhere:  It is likely there is no higher level of trust than two cannibals having oral sex.



++++++++++







++++++++++




++++++++++






We discovered a nice dog park not too far from us.  It is more acreage than park, a huge expanse with walking trail.  She wants to stay with me but occasionally pulled to go sniff ass elsewhere.  Then she will try to find me but I'm not where I was.  I have seen her run like a dog out of Hell across the field in search of me.  All I have to do is clap and she will reverse trajectory and come running.  I tried to get the current Mrs. Blythe to worship me slavishly, didn't take, but this will do. 



++++++++++






++++++++++





++++++++++



I see Chris Wallace of State-Propaganda Fox News has taken up where Shep Smith left off.  Good for him calling it like it is.


++++++++++


A shout out to the newest member of the Retirement Club breakfast group, who has been ill.  Get will, Rosita.


++++++++++




++++++++++



We now enter the Black Hole portion of the new year.  No football.  No baseball.  No Northlandia.  Ugh.    
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant