Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tuesday Tidbits

1.  The Obit and Doomsday posts have been moved back to November 6th and 7th.

2.  This was something I found surfing.  Kind of nice if you are one of those romantic types.  It was done by a Disney veteran who quit them and seems to have started his own shop. 






3.  Walked out the front door at Shawshank and saw this.  Wonder if it's a sign from the gods, those tricky little SOB's.  Yep, that's a double rainbow, readers.  



4.  The City is an acquired taste which I have yet to acquire.  I don't particularly like the people, the traffic or their driving, or the fact that in a service oriented area everyone has their hand out.  You literally cannot walk three blocks without someone asking for a handout or a cigarette.  It may be the way a certain strata of city folks operate, or it may be enhanced by the economy - either way, one soon learns the value of uttering "no".  Like the guy said, "You can't feed every starving Indian that wanders into camp."  While I think society and civilization has a moral obligation to try, there comes a reckoning that some are really down on their luck and deserve compassionate consideration, while others simply make a living on your generosity and naivete.

5.  Sometimes you get screwed when you do nothing at all. 


I have been keeping my truck up in Northlandia while I reside in Southlandia.  It is inconvenient and should be resolved at some point, like my living arrangements, but for now I prefer to have wheels when I visit and this is the best way I know how to accommodate that wish.  It didn't start the other week so it had to be towed and new battery cables installed.  It cost close to $300.  Moral of the story:  get used to the fact that things happen that you have no control over and be prepared to pay.  Or, the fates like to send you a zinger every once in a while to keep you from getting too complacent. 

6.    


I took this while waiting for the 4th of July fireworks show at the Vinoy.  It was a long way up there and was able to do a bit of zoom to make it easier to see.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment