Skip to main content

Fauna In Florida

Picked this up out of the Gulf but there was a critter residing inside. Can you spot him. It is a small crab-like guy just above the center. See his pincer?



These big birds never do anything, just sit there and stare out at the ocean. They stand their ground, too.




I have posted pictures of these lizards before. What I didn't post is they do cool push-ups for some reason and come in all different colors.



OK, I wasn't under the influence when I spotted this little bugger, I mean bug. It was walking without grace outside the door the other day. At first I thought an ant had found a goody and was taking it back to its lair. You really need to click on the picture to enlarge it to get a good look. On the off chance that I have discovered a new species I hereby name it turpissimus furis creatura, Latin for nasty fur bug.





Comments

  1. 1. Quit destroying the eco-system. What's next - leave your car running all night? That crab is gonna peck your eyes out.

    2. That bird WILL peck your eyes out.

    3. The lizards do push ups cuz they're bad-ass little dudes that'll peck your eyes out.

    4. You know what that little insect is gonna do to you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant