Skip to main content

Meat - Bonus Post

I have been to exactly four concerts in my five decades.  That averages out to something like one every 1 1/4 decade.  Forget the math, I just don't enjoy music or concerts with an evangelistic fervor.  My first concert was on August 20, 1980 with Harry Chapin.  I have talked of this concert before on this blog - the summer storm doused the power and with flashlights manned by audience members, harry gave an acoustic performance till power was restored.  A magical night with the world's greatest troubadour.

My second concert was on December 18th 2002, in Cedar Rapids with Meat Loaf.  Front row seats, again, a special night because Meat singled out Nancy and in mid concert, pointed her out and had a little schtick with her.  I also ended up with longtime drummer John Micelli's drum stick.

My third concert was in Monticello Iowa at the Great Jones County Fair, again with Meat Loaf.  I took my good buddy, Stewart Nyi with me, and it, too was great fun with stunning pyrotechnics and confetti bombs.


2003 Concert in Monticello, Iowa

On August 15th I saw Meat again at the Ruth Eckard Hall in Clearwater, with a young red-head on my arm.  Any time spent with the King of operatic Rock is time well spent.  He had the hall pulsating with ampage, and his Neverland Express band is very good at what it does.  Which, at this point is covering or helping the Meat reach his notes.  hey, he's 64 (and might be older), and, well, we aren't what we were at 30.  Meat can still hit most of his notes, and puts on a dazzling show, but what looked like exhaustion in 2002 looks like old age now.  But enough of that.  I love him and will catch him whenever I can.  But if you want to hear him at his best, get his Bat Out Of Hell trilogy CDs.

As part of my Lifeline tat, I have a guitar representing Harry and a bat representing Meat.






2 Meat Loaf Tickets $160
2 Meat Loaf T-Shirts $65.00
1 BOOH wristband  $5.00
1 water and one diet Coke $6.00
Gassing up Kenzie's car $42.01



Seeing Meat Loaf with My Daughter.... 


 PRICELESS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant