Skip to main content

30Acre Fishing Lures

Existing In BFE is a commercial-free website. There are no ads, banners or requests for anything except your time. However, today I am promoting a BFE local business. Well, not BFE specifically but one not too far away. In Burgess you'll find congenial people, a bucolic setting, a swimming pool, and the best bar this side of Alexis. You'll also find a budding business from a 28 year old who is going to set the world of fishing lures on fire. Remember the name Ryan Thirtyacre.  Yep, he's Marvin's kid and I ran across this business recently.  Note: You can't get to Burgess from where you are. It is like Shangri-La, inaccessible to most.  Suffice to say, it is somewhere between Chicago and St. Louis.  OK, somewhere between Aledo and Alexis.

Ryan makes these lures but seems like they should be framed and hung on a wall instead.
He designed them to be as realistic as possible and as you can see, they have articulated sections.  Fish don't know they aren't real, but they certainly look it.  Go to the site and if you are a fisherman, or just like to support local innovators, then buy one of these.  Some of them aren't cheap, but you don't quibble over art.








Ryan says:
  "All lures offered by 30 Acre are designed and painted by me, Ryan Thirtyacre.  I have been a hardcore fisherman my whole life and been creating baits for over a decade now.  My goal is to give you the most realistic looking and acting fishing lure available on the marketing today.  I strive to stand out of the crowd and am always looking to do new and innovative things in the fishing industry.
Each lure is made with high quality resin and top of the line stainless steel components.  We only use high quality hooks and split rings made to handle the biggest fish.  Our painting style is a similar style to a taxidermist and each lure clear coated with automotive grade materials and then swim tested prior to shipping."


Some of his website is under construction, but go to the Store tab and buy one of his lures.  Honestly, if he gets a BFE bump from us I may get a free beer next time I stop by.  He also has a Facebook presence if you are into that particular media.  I'm thinking I'm going to buy something, maybe that bluegill lure before some big company buys him out and changes things.  Of course if that happened it would keep the Burgess Convention Center well stocked for a long time.


A couple of lures just starting the painting stage. (Get it Tim?)


One of the molds with a recent section hardening.  Naturally this is super-secret insider technology and highly classified.   


Janine holding one up for perspective.  That's the one I want!  The lure I mean.


Check out his Facebook page (30acre should get you there), too.  This is what he posted in the past few days:

What to expect in 2013 from Fish 30acre...

5" Monster Fighting Craw
3" Fighting Craw
Craw Jig
8.5" Soft Plastic Sucker with "hudd" type tail
6" Soft Plastic Largemouth Bass "fluke" type
9" Rainbow Trout made into many different variations
6" Soft plastic Drop Shot Trout
8.5" Hard Plastic Smallmouth Bass
7" Hard Plastic Gizzard Shad
4" Hard Plastic Bluegill

Most of these have been started, some not at all, but by the end of 2013, they should all be available. I will be discontinuing most of the old lineup once these come out too.



Seriously, these are too nice to throw in the murky waters.  I'm going to buy one and use as a display on my wall.  Seriously.  I got the idea from Better Lures and Gardens.   Better yet, let's have Ryan sell shares of his soon to be mega-company so we can all have a piece of the action.    Oh wait.  I'm jobless in Florida.  You can't step 10 feet out of your house down here without tripping on a boat or a fisherman.  I can be your sales rep down here.  Just send me a company car and credit card and I'll send you the orders.  Well, glad that's settled.  Anyway, best of luck Ryan in your business venture.


 


Comments

  1. I just found this and I have to tell you I have seen them first hand and have fished with Ryan on more than one occasion (even witnessed the fabled thong fishing...don't ask). Ryan has an incredible product and honestly just an all around good person! Plus he plugged my forum on his FB page...I'm kinda obligated here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan is a great guy and has a tremendous product! I have used one of his original prototype lures years ago and it was stellar in the water. Now these lures are just....well you said it art worthy! A Friend and member of Team Cordwood recently got one as a gift and until he stuck his finger with the hook he thought it was a plaque to hang on his wall! i have known Ryan through a mutual friend (r.i.p. YM)and have even witnessed the fishing thong (don't ask!)and I gotta say these are top notched lures made by a person that really cares about fishing! Plus he plugged my forum on his FB Page....so I am kinda obligated to do this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant