Skip to main content

Valentine'sth Day


The world's longest kiss.  Excavation near Haniloo or Hanilu, Iran. 



Here's To The Girl I Kissed Last

Here's to the girl I kissed last.
She don't kiss long and she don't kiss fast.
But when she kisses, it's oh so sweet,
She makes things stand that don't have feet.

Author Unknown

Endeavor To Persevere, Or At Least Outlive

She wants a kiss today, good sir.
No pat on the ass will do.
So close your eyes and hold her tight,
Pucker up and kiss her, too.

Tomorrow will be another day,
She'll present a list of duties.
So today make nice and make her happy,
And hope you dodge the cooties.

by the Author of Existing In BFE


There Once Was A Girl From Seaton

There once was a girl from Seaton,
Whose reputation took a Hell of a beatin'.
Twas a lisp that made her yell, "Christh!"
"Keep your mittsh off me, Mike Blythe"

But I couldn't stop my love for Lydia,
To Hell with that case of chlamydia.
I kept rounding bases, whilst fumbling with laces,
And groping in unknown places.

Here comes a car, "Hey, we gotta stop!"
"For all we know it could be a cop."
I put the car in gear and grabbed her blouse,
"Think I'll just drop you off at the house."

But how to explain it to Mom and to Dad,
For once they see it they'll truly be mad.
No way to explain to Louise and to Jack,
The Firestone treads going right down her back.

Saw Lydia later and asked how things went,
"Itsth alright, I justh let them vent"
I'd learned my lesson to put out my fires,
Jack told me later I needed new tires.

Author Known (But hoping like Hell you won't ask)

(My apologies to Lydia, who is/was real, as is a rumor about a blouse with tire tracks, but I wasn't involved and don't know if it was true or not.   Nothing else in this poem is.  That I know of.)





Happy Valentine's Day
Give Your Loved One the Cooties.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant