Skip to main content

Postal Lesson 101


I went to the post office the other day and while waiting in line noticed this lady packing a box on the floor.  It was waaaaaaaaay too much stuff for the waaaaaaaaay too small box but provided great entertainment for the wait.  

Unfortunately I had to use my phone camera, which in this case, was a poor substitute for a real one.  The pictures are blurry, so you will have to use your imagination a bit.  I think I was a little self-conscious taking pictures in a semi-crowded federal office, and the quality, or lack thereof, shows.   



Here she is putting items into the box and crushing them as much as she can so that her box will close.


She realizes that the box is too small so she begins to apply pressure on the top in a vain attempt to shrink the contents.  


She applied as much pressure as she could but the top of the box wouldn't meet. 


But that didn't stop her from applying tape to the top and sides.  We had, in essence a box that exposed its contents but she taped over it all.   






As you can kind of see:  the box is unable to be closed properly and there is simply too much in it.  She had begun to tape and I think she is just about finished with her work.  I decided not to wait for the presentation to the postal clerk but I kind of wish I had.  

Life's Lessons:

A proper sized box is always the ideal.
Cutting corners doesn't always pan out. 
Sometimes doing it right the first time saves all kind of hassles down the road.   




Same day I went into a record shop and it was full of old albums.  Aisles and aisles and stack after stack of all kinds of stuff.  Anyone need an old album of anything email me and I'll see if this guy has it.  I'd be surprised if he didn't.


This pile was stuffed behind a row of albums.  This guy has no discernible filing system, but I'd bet he could find whatever he needed pretty quick.




As for my own old albums.  I directed they be trashed or given away a long time ago.  I easily went from album to 8-track to cassette to CD.  I couldn't tell the difference in the sound quality of any of them, although true audiophiles will tell you the old albums were the best.  

So, on this Saturday morning, before meeting up with Little Britches, I went into a couple places and found something noteworthy in both, and pass them on to you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant