Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits


Back in my cabin in the woods for a few weeks.  Nice to be back.

++++++++++

I refuse to build a fire in the woodstove.  OK, Northlandia, you win.  The heat is on.  I went out and grabbed some wood and warmed up the cabin.  I've been gone a while but isn't it supposed to be shorts weather in mid-May is it?  

++++++++++

Thanks Mr. and Mrs. Wombie for picking me up at the airport.

++++++++++


Quite an unusual sunset view while driving back from a visit to BFE last Friday.  A front went through with dark overcast skies.  In the West was a thin sliver of this pink/red sky.  Yeah, I know - lousy pic.  Why didn't I just pull over? 


++++++++++



Instruction on the seat ahead of me on the Allegiant Air flight from Paradise.  Who uses "whilst"?  Well, oddly enough, Brendan peppers his conversations with the word when appropriate, but generally speaking the word conversationally is not common in the US.  It is an archaic word but a cool one.  Glad, and a bit surprised, to see it.

++++++++++

My bike is somewhat in pieces while it sat all winter with a battery tender.  But that's OK since it has been too cold to ride anyway.  The old car is well - no mice that I have seen - and will attempt to start it this week sometime.   

++++++++++

Friday was Beer Belly night in downtown Emerald City and then over to BFE, and Saturday was graduation party for Shelley Willett in Knoxville at Big Katz and a short stop at BFE again.  Sunday was a day off and yesterday Mr. And Mrs. Wombie adn I went up to Quad Cities for the heck of it.  All this to say I haven't done much photographically and am running out of posts.  The next few days will certainly be spotty but as soon as it gets a bit warmer up here I'll take the camera and see what we can see around here.  

++++++++++


This is Shelley "The Professor" Willett who graduated from Western this week and invited some friends and family over to her celebratory bash in Knoxville.  Not sure if I'm more family or friend but very grateful to be able to be a part of it.  Like Kenzie, I can't imagine the stress and difficulty of juggling family, work and college.  Congratulations.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant