Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits


It has been cold up here in Northlandia.  Saturday was the first day I didn't feel compelled to wear a hoodie or sweatshirt.  The Cabin in the Woods must have good insulation because it seems I am always chilly in here.  The above scene was recorded by my phone when I ventured into Emerald City to sell some skins for firewood.  
++++++++++

I feel like I've been placed in a nursing home:  everyone keeps me so busy I haven't had a chance to get homesick.

++++++++++

I caused quite a stir when I went up to Beer Bellies to meet Mr. and Mrs. Wombie with my sandals and painted toes.  The other patrons were quite flummoxed and several given to the vapors.  My manhood was impugned, my reputation sullied, and best of all, I didn't give a shit.  Age is sometimes a wonderful thing.  I repost the picture of my Norah beautifying me for my journey North.


If it's good enough for Norah, 
it's good enough for Beer Bellies.

++++++++++

This blog was begun this week EIGHT years ago this coming Saturday. 


Back then the current Mrs. Blythe, Kenzie, and Drew were in Florida,  Brendan was in Iraq and I was the lone holdout - in North Henderson after the sale of our home in G-Burg.  The purpose and idea for Existing In BFE was to simply let my family know what I was doing.  

The first post was simply this:  

Welcome To BFE - May 28, '08

Well, isn't this awkward? While this may seem a bit pretentious to have a blog of my activities (my activities are rather bland), it serves as a place my family can see what is going on with me, and allows me to express in pictures and words my life in BFE*. That others in my circle can keep tabs on me is just gravy. Updates will be fairly regular and excuse me when I get off track on subjects. Remember, this is expression and therapy.

* For those unfamiliar with BFE, email me and we'll get you educated.

Not sure how much more is in me, but we will endeavor to persevere a while longer. 

Kenzie, Drew, Nancy, Norah, Alfred and Brendan:  I'm fine.

++++++++++

The quest for cuteness in men's urinals is evident in bars and taverns across the land. No need for a humdrum emptying of one's bladder when we can have fun with it too.  I have posted past attempts at fun in the john, and I now include the latest, taken at the Railhead Bar and Grill somewhere in the Quad Cities.

  
Nice place, the food was good and taking a piss in a keg was fun.

++++++++++




Sun coming up in Seaton.  

++++++++++





This silly little video is me trying to make Norah smile.  You see, this is my last day before I leave for Illinois and she isn't to happy with her Papa.  She is, frankly, mad at me.  But I accomplish my mission. 


++++++++++


Thanks for the Apple Butter, Carrie.  Neighbor Tim's wife is an artist, canner, and does leatherworking.  A talented lady.  He married up.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant