Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits

Welcome and Happy New Year







++++++++++


This is the type of ramshackle cabin I'm looking for up North.

(Isn't that the coolest thing?)

++++++++++

Chic-fil-a is a chain that is closed on Sundays because its owner, S. Truitt Cathy is a religious man and doesn't want his employees working on the Sabbath.  And yet it was open on Christmas?

++++++++++





++++++++++




This is usually the time of year I get real itchy about Northlandia.  Missed blizzards, missed night sky shots, missed shots at Beer Bellies, road trips, North Henderson.  Itchy isn't really the word.  The word hasn't been invented yet.

++++++++++ 




++++++++++

I saw an otter while walking to Datsko Park with Whizzbang, aka, Dumbstruck the Wonder Pup.  It was slinking from one pond to another across a road we always walk.  Unfortunately it was too fast for me to get the iPhone out and take a picture.  It was larger than I thought they were.  About 4 feet long, black and sleek.

++++++++++




Not saying anything here, just like the quote.


++++++++++






++++++++++




The best thing about Christmas is getting back to normal.  I recall Chesty always saying how he hated the Holidays.  Places closed.

++++++++++


This vulture didn't like having to move away from his roadkill when Whizzy and I passed by.  Big fucking bird.

++++++++++

Whizzy enjoys her new bandana from Santa.

  
Baby's first Christmas.

++++++++++



++++++++++


Empath Health is a place that takes up a whole city block and is on my early morning walking route.  I pity the poor secretaries/receptionists who have to man (is that sexist?) the phones everyday with that tongue twisting company name.  "Thanks for allowing Empath Health to be your healthcare provider.  You have an appointment with Dr. Ethel Thayer next Thursday at three.  Thanks again for thinking of us."

++++++++++



If my youthful indiscretions made me the black sheep of the family it was because I had a twin brother who kept egging me on.

++++++++++






++++++++++

We have been battling conjunctivitis.




Too bad it happened on her break, she could have gotten out of school for this.

PS.  Looks like I will have her this week at Papa's Daycare.

++++++++++



Egads! Can it be true?  Aquaman has returned to Emerald City?

++++++++++





The kids on Christmas Eve.  Both believers, perfect age.

++++++++++

And Finally, 


Spotted at Dunedin this past weekend.

Whizzy ain' t that kind of dog.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant