Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits




++++++++++






I guess I'm back for a week or two until I head up North.  


++++++++++




++++++++++





++++++++++



Here is Lady Ayla blowing all us paparazzi a kiss. 


++++++++++



++++++++++



Had my annual physical this past week and it was the first time they asked me who was President and what month it was.  Time and tide waits for no one.


++++++++++



This GIF is in honor of Mr. and Mrs. Wombie who, being the mischievous imps they are, like to place Scream masks in front of select people's houses.   The first time I became aware of this particular aberration of theirs was when I jogged the 2017 Rhubarb 5K.  As I was trotting along I glanced over and saw their plum colored Chevy and on a stick outside the window was a Scream mask.  I have also been a witness to the mask placement in a corn field in front of a friend's house.   They're a scream.



++++++++++





Smart dog.  This is not Whizzbang.


++++++++++

Ayla wanted to watch Paw Patrol in my room (gives her an excuse to be hidden while I'm in the other room).  Pretty soon I heard a loud bang and when I went to check it out she was sitting on the bed with her sippy cup lying on the floor.  She looked up and said "More milk."

August.

++++++++++





++++++++++




++++++++++

Good news, bad news.

The guard at Empath Health who has 8 toes in the grave I run into on my early morning walks has been spotted after a long absence.  I thought he'd kicked it.  He now times his circuit to coincide with my walk time and will meet me at the entrance drive.  Nice to know he is still alive.  Nice guy.

Unfortunately Atilla the Hen has not been seen in ages and has been declared expired.  Ghost Chicken on the Bay.


++++++++++  

Northlandia in two weeks.


++++++++++






++++++++++




++++++++++






Our early morning walk is about 2 1/2 miles.  There is one section that for some reason Whizzbang, aka Dumbstruck the Wonder Pup, seems to go spasmodic.  I have no idea why. 

I'm thinking of doing the same at some portion of the walk and see if she anticipates it. 



++++++++++



That's it for today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant