Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits





++++++++++





I know we get older, and our waistlines expand.  Simple math.  But it seems to me that when you are General Maximus Decimus Meridius you should get some kind of special dispensation from simple math.  I watched a recent flick, Boy Erased, and noticed that Russell Crowe has lost his Gladiator look.  Alas, time marches on.


++++++++++


++++++++++

It was like old times last week.  The kids were sick playing hooky on Thursday and Friday so I babysat.  It was kind of fun.


++++++++++

My newish iPhone I got a few months  ago has a battery issue.  As in, won't hold a charge.  It has been getting progressively worse so went to Verizon to see what could be done.  First Verizon store: two options.  Either buy a new phone or just keep this one.  Hey, douche bag, I've got a third option for you.  Turns out this Verizon store is kind of a Verizon store but it doesn't so this kind of stuff.  You have to go tot he Verizon store you bought it from.  SO down to St. Pete to the store we bought it from.  I remember it being a smarmy aging surfer-dude.  Wonder if he is still there?  Turns out he is but we got a Russell Crowe lookalike who kept asking if I charged it all night.  Uh, yes, no, sometimes.  Then he asked when I got up?  I said 3:30. Whoa, early, what kind of work do you do?  I'm retired.  Whoa.  Strange look.  Well, do you have to recharge by noon?  Yes, probably a couple times before noon.  It won't hold a charge.  The bright interrogation light is blinding am I'm starting to sweat.  The grilling is getting too much and I break and ask, but what is going to happen o me now?

He responds by saying that they will provide a replacement, but NEVER again, and if I have any problems then it'll be between YOU and APPLE!

Jesus Cristos, I walked out pleased but also half crying.  It was like  finding a twenty dollar bill on the sidewalk but you are with someone you owe money to.  I was exhausted by the mental pounding and jockeying.  Anyway, I'm getting a new phone which only seems right since mine was still under warranty and defective.


++++++++++



Republicans storming hearing room most are allowed to attend, Trump of all people barking about the wrongness of nepostism, Bakr Al Baghdadi, endless Mets managerial search,  Stephanie Grisham, press Secretary's Twitter,  Northlandia so close I can smell it.  Parteeeeee, Miss Maddie.


++++++++++




And @PressSec responds as well: “I worked with John Kelly, and he was totally unequipped to handle the genius of our great President.”

++++++++++






++++++++++





++++++++++





++++++++++

It's a somewhat abbreviated Tidbit day due to no phone and lack of anything else to say.  Happy trick and Treating.


++++++++++





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant