Skip to main content

Take Out the Trash Day



This is a true story.  It happened in August while I was up in Northlandia.  I had gone in the middle of the night to Keithsburg to take pictures of the barges and decided to go back to Emerald City by way of Seaton, the Jewel of Mercer County.  Just before I got to the bluff I noticed these lights and saucers.







I sped up and once I got to the bluff I wanted to see what was happening and decided to take the Bluff road to a spot where you can see the valley below.  I saw one of the saucers float over a house and emitted some kind of signal light or beam right on top of it.  Suddenly it started to snow.  In August.  Just in this one spot.  I wondered if Neil Kastor predicted it?  





I got back on the main road and drove as fast as I could to warn the poor citizens of Seaton that we were under attack by aliens.  But as I approached town, and pushed the button to open the trunk so I could use it as a wind break, I saw that I was too late.  Much of the north west part of town was destroyed and whatever was doing it was heading out toward the country.  Emerald City.   It looked like the Seaton Volunteer Firemen were doing what they could so I raced out to .

" Run Chris and Karen", I yelled out my window, knowing they couldn't hear and I wouldn't be able to stop the coming conflagration.  Those were the only people I knew that looked to be in the path of the destruction. 








But my pleas went unheeded. 

This is what I saw when I got there.

To be continued.

PS -  They don't call it Take Out the Trash Day for nothing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant