Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits






I'm back!



++++++++++


Yes.  We, as in me, have returned from an exhausting and always exhilarating near month on Northlandia.  Since it was a business trip and not necessarily pleasure, I do not have as much photos or coolness as you might imagine.  And, it was cold.  So, lets kick it off with a picture of my next aisle plane mate on Flight 980 from Moline to St. Pete-Clearwater on November 26th. 



Apparently she saw the 60 Minutes expose on the maintenance records of the Allegiant Air fleet.  "Hey lady, you know how many times a plane crashes?  Once."




++++++++++




Florida drivers.




++++++++++

I am happy to report that Miss Maddie, who I had the pleasure of sitting while back is still alive.  My greatest fear was this old lady would kick while I was there, but while she may have her infirmities, she still has a good appetite and loves her Grizzlies treats.  


++++++++++


A last picture before my trip of the girls.  We met at Twistee-Treat for ice cream.



++++++++++




A bald eagle I saw on the back roads of Seaton while cruising around in the Wombie's gas guzzling Jeep.  I put in about 45 buckaroos so I could be cool and broke.  Funny thing:  he waves to everybody whether he knows them or not.  Me, no way.  So most of Mercer County thinks he's mad at them because I didn't wave.



++++++++++




Ya didn't think I'd stop being a good American just because I was up North, did ya?


++++++++++


++++++++++




One of the best things about returning is seeing your dog again.


      ++++++++++



Florida might have nice sunsets, but Northlandia's sunrises are right up there.

++++++++++





I always drive by the old place when I am back.  The paint is faded terribly and needs a repaint.  In my years there I painted that big old thing three times.  It was not easy and took me about 2 weeks. Glad I don't have to do that again.  


++++++++++



OK, got a pic or two from up North, and a pic of the girls and my anti-Trump meme.  I guess that does it for this lazy week and see you next Tuesday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant