Skip to main content

More Random Things

Odds and ends pictures I've taken and might be of interest .



Before...


After...and in a matter of seconds.


Went to 5 Guys for a burger and these three giant guys were eating.  Think we don't have an obesity problem in America?


Went to a furniture store down here to see the bargains and to get into some AC, it was a hot day.  Saw this floor lamp.  I MUST have it.  It's about 4 feet tall and a Peacock lamp.  Price?  Well this number goes for about $600.  Taking donations: call or write for details.  I'm standing by right now to help you help me get this beautiful thing in my possession.   


This furniture store, Kane's, also has a promotion to give out free pizzas if you go to a Ray's game and a pitcher strikes out 10 batters. I went to see a game and Jeremy Hellickson struck out 10 Angels.  Anyway, to get my coupon we went in and it's one of those stores where there are really good bargains sprinkled amongst deadly expensive stuff.  They put these food-teaser items on the tables, and elsewhere.  This cardboard chocolate cake is also for sale.   


Wow.  A cardboard cake for $80.00! 

In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti...
(This is not my picture or caption.  Just saw it somewhere and liked it.  This is latin for "In the Name of he Father, Son, and Holy Spirit...") My efforts to secure a new "best friend" is not going too well.  Not convinced everyone is wanting it, and down here many are rescue so there are more hoops to jump through: application, home visit by someone, and then scheduling a first meet.  If you get past all that you have to hope your dog is still around.  Just more cumbersome than up North where you go to a pound, pick one out and go home.


Back to my pictures again.  Took this just before a nice thunderstorm and noticed about three layers of clouds going different directions, and then this lone hole with blue sky.  Fun storm and enjoyed it in the porch.

"Sucks to be in the rain and homeless."



An old couple pulled up in this '72 AMC Hornet at Waffle House during a family breakfast the other day.  I went over and told him what a nice looking car it was and he said he had had it since 1977 and it was still the original paint.


Little guy on the screen window one morning.


The only thing more creepy than clowns are balloon artists.  This guy makes his nest at Old Navy here and is quite popular.  Just me, I'm sure, but clowns and balloonists, rank right up there on the creepy scale.  Of course, if I had his talent and salary I'd love to take his spot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant