Skip to main content

More Pics From Florida


I've watched too much Mad Men.  My marketing tagline for Kumho Tires: Put Some Rubber On Your Rod.  Huh?  Huh?





Speaking of rods, spotted this at LA Fitness Center on 4th Street.  Damn fine 57 T-Bird to be used for such a chore.  Only about a $70,000 machine to get you to a $300 treadmill.


Something bad happened at this intersection.  Bent bike tire and rescue and cop cars is never good.


Poor Little Lily Lu cowering from the nasty crows outside at the Sutor residence.  She has learned to watch her flank.  (Wonder how high she'll jump when Santa comes down the chimney?) But a future as a mighty hunter is in doubt.  
  

Santa arrived at the Mall down here on Saturday, November 10th.  I realize it is marketing to boost sales, and I'm sure it works otherwise they wouldn't do it.  But this early brings into question the whole spirit of the Holidays.  I must be naive.


In this day of X-Boxes, video games, and every other distraction for kids, it's actually refreshing to see an old school activity that still persists.  Scandals, sure, the Scouts just released molestation info dating back to the '60's, but Scouting still survives in an age of skepticism and game controllers.  Good for this young man and all the other scouts still learning to tie knots and be upright citizens.




Further proof of the dumbing down of America.  If I step on anyone's toes, my apologies. This guy was next to us at breakfast the other day.  Proper etiquette compels gentlemen to remove their hats while eating as well as any other protrusion or device hanging from their heads.  Besides, it looks goofy and reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode.  No other editorializing.  Seems we have lost a lot in this country in the past 20 years.  You can be a biker, or redneck or lumberjack or pole-sitter, but there's no reason why you can't have some social graces.  See, I went and editorialized anyway.  Damn my mouth.




Saw this guy walking around Wal-Mart (surprise, surprise) a couple days ago.  I don't know what to say.  But on behalf of the non-f#%&*$@ds of this state, I apologize to the rest of the Union.




Two days later.


There is board fencing that separates our porches.  Noticed this the other day as well.  That busy little wasp is making something, but what I don't know.  I've seen wasp homes from up North and they looked like dried clumped mud.  These are enclosed round mounds.  Any ornithologists out there?


And finally.  At the check out at the grocery store the current Mrs. Blythe pointed out this magazine amongst the others.  Garden and Gun.  Wow.  Wow.  Nothing like working on your azaleas with a Glock at the ready, I guess.  Or maybe, Southern Honey Muffins with your Bushmaster ACR.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant