Skip to main content

Cub Reporter Monday



The following pictures are submitted by Tim Stage from BFE (North Henderson IL) 




Neighbor Tim sent me these pictures of a cycle one of his buddies bought recently.  He gave me permission to post these on the blog.  Now folks, I used to have old cars so I can tell a thing or two about originality, quality survivorship and all that.  And folks, this is gorgeous.  It needs to be in the Smithsonian, not out on some dirty street.  


  


It is a 1975 Kawasaki KZ 900.  All original, with only 9,000 miles.  That is an average of around 327 miles a year.  Unbelievable. Now you must understand that this is not a restored bike, but just like it was when it rolled off the assembly line in Kobe, Japan.  



Note the beautiful coloring and accent shading.  I have no idea how this bike remained as pristine as it has, unless it was bought for the purpose of storage and investment.   No biker I know does anything except ride theirs, so the back story on this bike would be great to have.   Etiquette prevents me from revealing what it took to buy this bike, suffice to say, that its value will do nothing but rise in the next few years.   If it was me I'd put it in one of those bubble storage bags complete with generating air purification, and just let it sit.  Those low miles are unique and adds to the rarity.


Now, before I leave you, thanks Tim for the first submission of Cub Reporter Monday.  I got nothing else, folks, so you will get a couple leftover Mugshots then an empty Cub Reporter Monday until we get submissions.



And here is a picture of my first motorcycle as a yung 'un, a Kawasaki 90.  Sporty little sucker.  Great wheels for gunning around Seaton.  We got it at a Kawasaki dealership a few miles outside Monmouth.  It was later sold to a dog groomer and breeder who was later killed collecting a debt in Texas.  I can still remember the thrill of it as I rode in the back of the pick-up taking it home.  First night I went up to the school and ball diamond and while playing around jumping the ditches, I broke the plastic tail light.   While this pic isn't that actual bike, this is exactly what it looked like.  Bright red gas tank with large Kawi inside the white block.   I don't have any pics, not so I remember precisely what year the bike was.   I would ride all over on this thing until the dreams of my own car would drive my attention.  Don't know who it got sold to, either.  But it did give me the riding bug that burns in me yet.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant