Skip to main content

Tail Of The Gecko, Part 2


Not exactly the twisties you'd find elsewhere, and Florida is relatively flat, but you never have to worry about snow ruining your biking plans.


Scintillating picture of us stopped at a stop sign.  National Geographic stuff this sure ain't.



View Larger Map

An imprecise route to Inverness.  We went through Tampa and headed up to Wesley Chapel.  Through St. Leo and San Antonio up to Inverness.



Out in the hinterlands, it becomes a very pleasant scenic ride.  


Out destination was Stumpknockers in Inverness.  A stumpknocker is a variety of edible freshwater fish, most notably the sunfish.  This must be the pesky nuisance species that neighbor Tim catches.  Like he says, "Anyone can catch a big fish..."


No pictures but I had what they called the Tomato Plate.  It was a light lunch that had at its base tomatoes, and muskmelon, then topped with coleslaw and crab salad.  Damn good I must say.  



Once again, I apologize for my filming efforts.  This is my terribly flawed movie system that I tried to bugger out, but it is simply unacceptable.  Back to the drawing board.









This is a godawful filming system and it won't be used again unless I work out the kinks.  I bet a little sawing, a little duct taping, a little screwing at the BFE Repair Shop aka Community Center would fix this problem.  However, since we don't have anything like that within 1200 miles, I'll have to figure something out on my own.  Suffice to say, this gives you an idea of what traveling the back roads of Florida will provide.  Nice scenery, exceptionally good roads, horse farms, open fields and some twists, but not many.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant