Skip to main content

Wow

I tend to be linear on this page, chronologically speaking.  It's boring that way, but it works for me.  At any one time I may have a couple weeks ready in the bin and that number increases with my activities.  The newest post gets put at the end of the line.  I may have two or three weeks all queued up ready to go.   So the blog isn't always terribly current (except for Tidbit Tuesdays), but it's in its right order.  

Today, however, I break that usual policy and insert something that I saw Sunday (October 27th)  that kind of defies belief.  The pictures are poor, the subject is hard to see.  But, hopefully we can attempt to construct for you what we shall refer to as "The Car".  


Went to Bradenton on Sunday to the Robinson Nature Preserve which will be queued soon for your enjoyment.  A quick stop in McDonald's for breakfast seemed in order because 1) breakfast is always fun and 2) a long walk requires strength and stamina.    




Pulled in next to The Car in the back parking area where there was shade and got out.  I looked inside and saw the epitome of filth and squalor.  I went to college with a bunch of slobs but I never saw anything like this.  I'm no prissy slave to dusting or vacuuming but this was truly astounding.  Having cultivated a dust bunny or two in my time, I'm aware that sometimes cleaning chores get pushed to the side.  Inside bugs were crawling everywhere.  See the bag next to the cup?  Hell, see the cup?  There are three visible bugs in this picture.  



See the big bug on the window?


Below the water bottle up top and to the right of the cup below and on that thin white item was a nest of bugs swarming.  The heat combined with the leftover foodstuffs brought about this disgusting,  unbelievable car. 



There was no room for legs in the passenger area.  The passenger seat was covered completely and most of the driver's seat as well, although there was a bit of upholstery showing.  Food containers, open cups, you name it.




Now,  there was certainly no rush on my part to get back to The Car for more picture taking while enjoying breakfast.  I eyed the patrons leaving to size them up on whether they were likely suspects.  But then my enjoyment of breakfast lessened when I thought that perhaps it was an employee who owned the vehicle in question.  All I could think about was I hoped The Car was gone when I left which would rule out a McDonald's worker.  Sadly, The Car was still there when I finished.  All I could think about was who handled (or rather who microwaved) my sausage biscuit and potato round.  

I'm no refuse monitor, but when you are too lazy to dump your trash, and have bugs crawling all over your seats, windows, and dash, and need Terminix to probably cleanse your body, you need a serious intervention.  Lord, can you imagine what the apartment looks like?

The Robinson Nature Preserve?  It was exceptional and pics will be forthcoming.  Occasionally I saw a bug in its natural habitat.  

Have a good breakfast.
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant