Skip to main content

Shawshank Flora

I know there is a very large contingent of flora lovers who read this blog.  The always-stop-and-smell-the-roses set is forever clamoring for more pictures.  So here you go.  A brief walk around the grounds at Shawshank uncovered these pretties and keep in mind it was just adjacent to the back door.  Just think what I could have seen if I decided to wander further.  However, the July temperatures seemed warmer than usual, so I didn't want to risk dehydration or worse, conversation.

























These all look fairly common but I did want to point out that the 4th and 5th pictures are of a paradise tree, specifically, the blooms.  It is a beautiful tree and rather rare from what I am told.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant