Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits

Once again a collection of stuff that I find interesting or provocative.  Believe it or not, I don't care.  At the corner of the road heading west to North Henderson is a house that has junk all around it.  They put a sign in the front yard once, "If you don't like it, don't look."  Same goes here.   

++++++++++




++++++++++





With Rizzo's illegal slide into home last week with the Pirates, perhaps the Cubs are continuing the Chicago tradition of dirty play as emblematic of the Bears.  And to have Maddon blame the catcher is typically blind.  I would have expected better of both.  Don't care for cheaters and don't care for people who defend cheaters.

Can you tell I'm a little bitter because we got swept by these mopes  this past weekend?


++++++++++





I posted this because it is cool.  I had a car that ran like that once and never had a problem.  Until it died.


++++++++++

Dumbstruck the Wonder Pup aka Whizzbang aka Whiz aka Whizzy
Week 8




++++++++++


++++++++++



The Blythe Intaglios




In 1932 pilot George Palmer was flying from Las Vegas to Blythe, California and noticed drawings etched into the ground.   Because some of were 171 feet they couldn't be seen when on the ground.  Someone had scraped the top soil off.  There were three human figures, 2 4-legged animals and a spiral.  No local American Indian groups claimed making them.  They carbon date from 900 BCE and 1200 CE.  BCE and CE stand for Before Common Era and CE stands for Common Era.  Apparently we don't use BC and AD anymore since, heavens! the rest of the world isn't necessarily Christian.  What is does mean, in Seaton terms, is its a damn smart piece of time ago.

P.S. I'm checking to see if any Blythe ancestors were responsible.  They look like some of my polished paintings.


++++++++++





++++++++++

Facebook has increased its individual accounts by 7% since Cambridge Analytica.  People just don't care.  I continue looking for America, and it keeps drifting away.

++++++++++


Wait, what?  Did you see something else?

++++++++++

As a former Illinois resident I would feel betrayed and like justice had not been served if Blago is pardoned.  He is a criminal.  Fuck him and every other crook who stole our money and made us laughing stocks. 



++++++++++ 




++++++++++

Channels like to show their news anchor guys out in the field.  I see Lester Holt wading in water in NBC's commercial lauding his efforts.  I kind of chuckle.  These guys aren't journalists, they are news readers.  Journalists are those guys out doing grunt work putting jigsaw puzzles together.  Connecting dots is time consuming and these news anchors haven't done that kind of thing in years.   Anchors (and their staffs) simply put the top news items in a 22 minute newscast on a teleprompter and they read.

++++++++++






++++++++++

Wait, what?  Did Rudy Guiliani really say on Sunday that the President could assassinate the Director of the FBI and NOT be indicted?  Yup.  Apparently Valance and his minions are rewriting the Constitution and the Ten Commandments.

++++++++++



This is what I believe.  I believe Colin K. was blackballed for his politics.  I believe all Americans have the right to protest.  I believe the black man, woman and child face discrimination in this country.  I believe the American football players protesting racism in America on the field have a constitutional right to do so.

Everyone seems to go ballistic (pun intended) over the 2nd Amendment, but my amendment of choice is the 1st:  Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech; or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. 

I don't particularly like it but neither do I like racism.  That's what I believe.  If I'm wrong, change my mind.  I will gladly post your comments on these pages. 

++++++++++

I'm not worried about Johnny Depp.

++++++++++

I have a new schedule!  S-I-L Drew has gone from 3rd shift to 2nd.  This means that Papa Daycare gets the kids between 11:30 and noon, which means half days rather than the usual full.  I have more freetime, but I am also becoming more irrelevant down here, which is good.  

++++++++++

I am trying to get the kids to take afternoon naps, but I am fighting a losing battle.  Anyway, as I was laying down with Norah and Alfred was in the other room, Norah decided to make sounds.  

While I am not a huge fan of bathroom humor (I think of myself as more civilized than what I really am), there is no denying "farts are funny".

While at Lowe's on Saturday with the clan Norah and I took seats on rockers that were in the isle.  I told Norah to make those sounds when people walked by.  Norah being the great sport she is took me up on it.  


  

Yup, as that beautiful, wonderful, million dollar smile attests, farts are, indeed, funny.  

Till next week, guys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant