Skip to main content

Mix For Monday


I collected some various pics from some events in the past week and thought I'd just post them on this Monday before Northlandia.  

The first set is from a trip to Courtney Campbell Causeway which isn't too far from Sinkhole estates.  I haven't been here in ages and kind of sorry about that.  It's a great place to walk, jog, jogwalk, bike, fish, take night pics or just sit.  




This path stretches from Clearwater to Tampa, across the Bay.  It's 10 miles of blue sky (if you are into that sort of thing), bluer water and skylines if St. Pete, Clearwater, and Tampa.  From here you can see planes land at two airports, see Tropicana Field, and the entire Tampa Bay. 




I've thought for quite awhile that it seems crazy not to have some type of water sport to engage in down here.  There is no shortage of water to enjoy.  Here on this walk I spied a fishing boat and kayaks.  Same thing with Northlandia - one should have some kind of winter outdoor recreation since it takes up half of your year.  Same thing down here - weather is always good and water, water, everywhere.  I think I'll buy a boat. 



Of course, a kayak would be cheaper but probably more stressful.  Those things tip over.  I'll give it some thought one of these days over a Bloody Mary.   I never make a big decision with out plying a few of these first, which might explain my decision-making success rate.




This past weekend (Saturday) the whole clan went to Central Avenue in St. Pete for a day of food, shopping and fun.  Lunch was at Urban Brew and BBQ.  Expensive but delicious this is a great place for BBQ sandwiches, ribs, mac and cheese, bakes beans and for dessert, Apple Crisp.  Whoa Baby.  I'll pick up the tab.  Let me see...Whoa Baby. 




Alfred, above, and Norah show off their ice cream treats at Ice Berg, a place that also makes fancy ass rolled ice cream.  Drew picked up this bill, thank God.    






Not sure it rhymes but I like it.  Central Avenue is a cool street.  You can see anything.  Homeless, tourists, and yuppie type shops with all kinds of neat stuff.  I particularly like all the art galleries.




Eventually made it to the mall and the long day is starting to show on Allie's and Norah's faces.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant