Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits



It's coming.

++++++++++






++++++++++

A couple things to update you one from past posts:

1.  The state's attorney's office has decided to prosecute the Stand Your Ground shooter that I mentioned a couple weeks ago.  After looking at the video the office decided to pursue manslaughter charges because the victim was walking back after he shoved the guy, thus he was in retreat. 

2.  




These are the remains of the snake that was run over on my walkjog route I take every morning.  I had to wait to be sure there it was safe to approach the carcass.  Those things can play possum.  All the possum seemed to be out of this guy.  I took the picture to prove to you my paranoia is justified.

3.  Last Friday I said Michael was turning 17 this month.  I was wrong.  He is turning 16.  Dumb math.



++++++++++



Update on Whizzbang, aka Dumbstruck the Wonder Pup





Every trip you make to the kitchen.  Every time you open the fridge.  Every snack, every meal, every drawer or door opened...
I'll be watching.

++++++++++



“August rain: the best of the summer gone, and the new fall not yet born. The odd uneven time.”
- Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath. 

++++++++++

The Wombie and I heading down to the grocery store to buy baseball cards.



Then coming home and having the Wombie help me get unstuck.

  
++++++++++


Tall pine across the street.  Seems every time I look at it through the day there are sentinels.

++++++++++



Last art class before "back-to-school" breaks up this merry band of artists.  Some almost naked.

++++++++++



Kenzie's next door neighbors dog had puppies.  Here are 4 of the six.  They are Boston Terriers.


++++++++++



A babysitters greatest part of the day.

++++++++++



Rainbow in front of Kenzies on Sunday afternoon.

++++++++++


Can you spot the kid who is not getting any ice cream?

++++++++++



++++++++++

Too bad we aren't around when we die.  It's then that the nicest things are said about us.

++++++++++


Tap on the graphic.  Proof that the 80's was the worse decade for car stylists.  I've never had a Mustang, and I'm not regretful.


++++++++++  

A friend texted and said they were unaware of Whizzbang, aka, Dumbstruck the Wonder Pup.  They also said they had stopped reading this blog because it was "so political."  So sad.  So covfefe.   


++++++++++

This is the last Tidbit for a while...going ridin'.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant