Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits





Supposedly a photo of a tree getting zapped by lightening.  Now you know why you aren't supposed to run underneath them in a storm.

++++++++++

With apologies to my Catholic friends.



 He's a cool dude.

But this is how we Presby's do it.



++++++++++





++++++++++





Beer bellies about 4:30 pm.  It's not a bad place to be. 

++++++++++





Adventures in babysitting.  This afternoon I ended up with both the dog and Ayla using me as a cushion.

++++++++++





A couple weeks ago the current Mrs. Blythe and I stopped in at Old Key West Bar & Grill for lunch and to see Brendan.  When we were leaving he slipped me this container of ice cream.  Good boy.


++++++++++





++++++++++



Republicans who have quit the party over Trump:

George Will - writer
Steve Schmidt - former republican operative
Colin Powell - general and former Sec of State
Max Boot - writer for Washington Post
Gordon Humphrey - former Senator
Joe Scarborough - former Congressman/TV commentator
Peter Wehner - Bush and Reagan Aide
Bill Krystol - Conservative writer
Charles Krauthammer - Conservative writer
Susan De Percio - Republican strategist
Glenn Beck - TV personality
David Jolley - Former Republican congressman
John Podhoretz - writer
Charlie Sykes - author, radio host
All of the Bushes 

Democrats who have quit the party for Trump:

Kanye West - singer





++++++++++




Damn goats.

++++++++++





++++++++++







++++++++++




A wonderfully Halloweenish picture.

++++++++++

Yeah, I know.  I was gonna stop political stuff.  And I will.  Sometimes I just can't help myself.

++++++++++

Update:  A couple weeks ago I wrote a short essay on how a condom ended up where it did.  I have an update.  Whilst walking Whizzbang aka Dumbstruck the Wonder Pup last Friday I walked by it (it's still there) and there appears to be a couple more somewhat close to it.   






All I can say is it is either starting new shoots or this is a local hangout, pardon the pun.  It's seems to be a breeding ground for rubbers.  I'm contacting the Tampa Bay Times and asking for an investigation, or maybe I'll just do a stake-out.

++++++++++


Sadly, the only undeveloped area near me and an important part of my daily walks is becoming a condo.  They have mown the weeds and started to place tile and footing markers. It was my favorite section because it was just a little wild.  As much as wild can take a foothold in a area almost completely developed.   


++++++++++  



Also on my walk and not far from the condom and future home of the condos is this apartment complex, Melrose By the Bay.  I saw this chicken wandering around.  Honestly, a free range chicken just clucking around.  Florida, the Septic tank of the country.


++++++++++



This week I sent in my ballot for the November 6 election.  Florida has a pretty nifty mail-in ballot thing going on here.  Its pretty progressive for this red state.   Oddly there were 10 Constitutional Amendment questions.  That sure seems high, but this is Florida. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant