Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits




++++++++++

This year's World Series didn't interest me one bit.  Never watched a second of it.  Two teams I don't have any affinity for.  Glad it's over.


++++++++++





Whizzbang aka Dumbstruck the Wonder Pup is going trick-or-treating as a lion.  A cowardly lion.

++++++++++






This is from 1953's The Maze.  I gotta find that flick, it looks hilarious.  I think I also need to be high.

++++++++++  




A perfect image of fall.

++++++++++






Just about everything down here in Kitschland is...kitschy. 


++++++++++








++++++++++


One of our favorite pastimes back in the day was exploring old abandoned houses.  You couldn't pay me now.


++++++++++








++++++++++





++++++++++



One of my favorite Halloween memories is when I was in North Henderson.  I had just gotten home from working at Blick and pulled the truck into the garage.  As I was pulling the garage door down I noticed an ethereal white figure to my left.  It really looked like a ghost - a Lady in White.  Turned out it was a neighbor.  She was headed over to a party at Neighbor Tim's.  I went along too and we had a great time.

++++++++++






++++++++++






++++++++++




Psst.  Hey.  If this scares you, you need to get out more often or throw The Exorcist in the DVD machine.  Or, maybe come with me on one of my 3:00 AM photography trips out in the country.  

++++++++++







Now this would be cool to have for Halloween in the front yard.  I suppose some metal work and a gas line would do the trick.  Unfortunately these days, the little beggars start out so early in the day while it is still light out.  Too bad, back in my day it didn't start until the dark.


++++++++++





A couple Groucho birds sitting stop these trees while walking Whizzbang, aka, Dumbstruck the Wonder Pup.  



++++++++++


I have a question.  I have been without a contract with Verizon for months now.  Part of my bill was to pay for the phone itself.  When the contract expired and the phone was paid for, shouldn't my bill go down?  I think I'm getting gouged now because I honored my contract.  


++++++++++






++++++++++

Does anyone make popcorn balls anymore for Halloween?  And did anyone ever really like them?  


+++++++++++

I remember the first year I didn't go trick or treating.  I felt like such an adult, but still, it wasn't as much fun.  We sat around at the park and talked about doing something mischievous but in the end I don't think we did anything.  And then when we got home to dig into Marj's candy bowl, it was just the dregs.  Bummer all around. 



++++++++++  






++++++++++


Halloween didn't used to be that big of a deal, but today it has become the second biggest holiday for sales.  I wonder, did we decide to make it that way or was it Madison Avenue?

++++++++++

And finally, on my walk this morning with Whizzbang, aka Dumbstruck the Wonder Pup, I saw Attila The Hen foraging in front of the neighboring apartment complex.  I have to admit to being a bit worried, but nice to see him still escaping the boiling pot.


   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant