Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits


















Carl Sagan



++++++++++



Top picture is the Cameron Highlanders in 1914 going off to war.  The bottom pic is in 1918 after they came home.



++++++++++



Tomorrow's will be the last post this week.  It's Thanksgiving.  You have other things to occupy your time than this unworthy blog.  I wish you all a great time filled with family, football and food.  I'll be back on Monday the 26th.



++++++++++



PayPal, once the best way to send money to friends and family free has begun charging 10% for each transaction. I will be looking for ways to continue this practice: I don't want to go back to writing checks. I'm trying Google Pay and will be checking other platforms.



++++++++++





++++++++++



An iPhone picture of an area on my early morning walk.  Black and white night pics are so much fun.

++++++++++





Whizzbang is just a little lapdog.

++++++++++


When I was in Northlandia a while back my friend Pat had some pumpkin spice milk she bought for the holidays.  Of course I've looked for it ever since down here and cant find it.  I finally saw this at Target last week.  It's not bad.  Of course it helps to be a milk fiend, which I am. 



++++++++++








I'm sure this will bring a smile to your face and a renewal of all things good:  Attila the Hen lives!  He was spotted outside the Melrose By the Bay apartment complex last Thursday on my walk.  

Please, Attila, don't go near the boiling pot.



++++++++++




++++++++++



“I think it’s so foolish for people to want to be happy.
Happy is so momentary–you’re happy
for an instant and then you start thinking again.
Interest is the most important thing in life;
happiness is temporary, but interest is continuous.”
~Georgia O'Keeffe


++++++++++






And one more video of Whizzbang, aka Dumbstruck the Wonder Pup tempting fate.



++++++++++












“I love returning home in the dark, to see the lights of my house shining.

Like astronauts feel returning from the moon, travelling through space towards a waiting world.

Soon I will be home, part once more of the indoor world of light and warmth.”~C.R.Milne 



++++++++++



Stan Lee





Stan Lee (top) who died last week, and some guy peddling jewelry at the St. Pete Art Fair Saturday.

++++++++++

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Here is a video of one of my recent walks.  It shows a person in a bus stop kiosk.  Alone and Homeless.   Things could always be worse.  Count your blessings. 

I screwed up.  It is way too dark and you have to tilt your head to the right.  Oh well.   



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant