Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits


Various stuff found on the world-wide web that may or may not reflect what I believe.  If it has anything to do with Trump or his family or cronies, then, yeah, I pretty much go along with it.


++++++++++







++++++++++

I can't get Thomas Jefferson's quote out of my head: "Every country gets the government it deserves."  Yeah, we deserve this mellifluous bowl of shit. 



++++++++++






Of course this also excludes Eleanor Roosevelt, perhaps the greatest of all First ladies, as well as Dolly Madison, a one-woman destroyer of partisan politics.  She was the first Presidential wife to introduce bi=partisan social functions at the White House.  It excludes Caroline Harrison who was a proponent for women's rights.  It excludes Edith Wilson who very well may have been the first woman president without portfolio.  It also excludes Betty Ford who brought psychiatry out of the closet.  Or Jackie Kennedy who brought glamour and class.  Seems we may have been luckier with out First ladies than with out presidents.  Methinks Franklin Graham is fucked up.   




++++++++++






If you don't know what this means you are watching too much Fox News.


++++++++++






++++++++++







Me at Beer Bellies the next two weeks.




++++++++++

Since I will be in Northlandia for the next two weeks, we will not be posting.  Or maybe I will.  Who knows.  You best check back in to see.    



++++++++++






++++++++++





++++++++++







Kenzie and Drew have decided to complicate their lives with 4 cats, and 2 dogs to go along with their 2 girls.  Why?  I don't have a clue.  The above picture are their dogs, Ginger and Cooper.  Theya re sweet dogs and this is what they do with their toys outside.  They don't do tug of war, or fight over possession.  They simply stand and do this.  Cute.  Weird.  


++++++++++


If you don't know what this refers to, you are watching too much Fox News.


++++++++++





Norah and Alfred on Easter.


++++++++++


I agree.  I took 2 years of Spanish and all I know is Tengo dos scabalos which I learned from Herb.  I took 2 years of algebra because all my buddies took it.  I would have been better off taking Home Ec.  If you know what I mean. 


“Give the pupils something to do, not something to learn; and the doing is of such a nature as to demand thinking; learning naturally results.”


— John Dewey, Democracy and Education


++++++++++

As part of Norah's week-long birthday celebration we went to a fun center on Saturday. 




Nothing quite like father-daughter battling zombies that gives you those heart huggies.



These guys won the fun center lotto.  Apparently you feed all the tickets you won in your game into a machine that then spits out some kind of certificate to get something that is hanging on a wall.  From what I saw it wouldn't be worth spending an hour feeding all that in.  Better to wait outside for a kid who'll give you 5 bucks for all the tickets. 



++++++++++






++++++++++

Peter Pan peanut butter began in 1928, Skippy in 1932.  Think of all those generations, centuries, millenniums that never tasted peanut butter. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant