Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits




Worst toupee in history? I was in a McDonald's last week and saw this guy.  Problem is how do you take a picture of someone in public without offending.  Mission accomplished.


++++++++++





++++++++++




Third art fair in two weekends.  This one was in Tarpon Springs.  Tarpon is a pretty neat place overall - a sponge hub.  Greek immigrants settled around the turn of the century (1900's) and cornered the sponge business.  I did post a couple years ago where we took a boat ride and a diver went down in vintage diving gear and retrieved a sponge.   Here, a balloonist is making two little girls happy.  



++++++++++




++++++++++

Mr. and Mrs. Wombie have a nice big picture window in their living room and outside they have several bird feeders and hummingbird stations.



This painting is a little like seeing him watching his birds and then I walk by and they all spook.  Except he's not quite as cut as this guy.  Or as young.  And is that a damn rat in his hand?  



++++++++++






Which reminds me, I haven't provided an update lately on Whizzbang, aka, Dumbstruck the Wonder Pup.  She is fine, now 32 pounds and will be a year old in February.  She loves leather toys with cotton batting in them.  They don't stand a chance.

++++++++++


++++++++++




I took this picture of the headlights of a Range Rover while at 5 Guys last Saturday.  I'm not picking on a fine English car company, but all of them.

Let's see if I understand this correctly.  You house four lights in a single unit that costs $695.00.  I looked it up.  But 30 years ago you could get a single round glass headlight that plugs in to the unit and it costs $7.00.  I looked that up, too.  

And that's progress?

++++++++++


Babysat all last week (three of them long days), took care of them some on a shopping trip Saturday, six hours on Sunday when the girls went shopping some more and now 5 days this week until a break next Saturday.  I really need a beer with a buddy or two.


++++++++++





This is me and Whizzbang walking to get the mail yesterday morning at 5.  We are walking toward the light.   





I've seen this truck once before cruising through Sinkhole Estates, aka, Death Valley.  Bright mutha lights.  It's red so it must be with the fire department or rescue squad.  Thing's covered with bright lights.  Guess they need to see where they are going.  Got me.
But I want one.


++++++++++

Speaking of early morning wandering.  Know what is going on here?




It was another early morning walk.  Not so mysteriouis after all, right, but it sure looked surreal.  Moths or whatever flying around the streetlight.  


++++++++++ 

And finally, a little taste of home.  Found this at the supermarket last week.  Tastes good, too.  


++++++++++

Gosh, is that all?  Hmm.  Guess it wasn't a very busy week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant