All I got was this short bolt that looks quite out of focus. Oh, well.
Practice, practice, practice.
2. For those of you interested my three fantasy teams (and I would surmise that number only includes me) are in 2nd, 2nd, and 9th places. The 9th place team started real slow but is slowly starting to improve. We have won 2 out of the last 3 weeks.
3. I have begun preparation for another trip North. No, I will not be taking the bike this time. I have suffered permanent buttockal impairment, and while you may think that that would lessen the strains of long riding, it actually begins the onset quicker.
4. Speaking of trips, I have it on good authority that I will be taking a less strenuous trip on the bike in September to Louisiana. Traveling with the Sutor's and meeting the Stage's in New Orleans whenever we get a firm date. I am less interested in seeing the sights in town as much as I am riding out in the country. That will surely be a beautiful ride.
This week's Norah watch: performing one of the songs on her movie list.
6. I have started my 4th large painting since December, but the going is slow. Heat has descended on Florida and the porch is like a sauna in the afternoon.
7. Odd News of the Week
Look at the above picture and what do you think? Well, obviously it is the Nazi Youth giving the Heil Hitler salute at some function, right? You would be wrong. This is a group of young American children in Connecticut saluting the flag while reciting the Pledge of Allegiance.
As the kids started reciting the Pledge, they would place their right hands over their hearts and then bring their arms out, palms down in a salute.
This was how it was done before Hitler. After the German "Heil" became associated with the Nazis, the American Bellamy salute was dropped, and right hand over the heart became the norm.
8. That's all I've got today. Keep cool wherever you are.