Skip to main content

Can You Handle More Scenes From the Path?

Sorry I am overloading you with bike path pictures, but that's all I've done lately. It's all good stuff so kick back, have some coffee and check out what I did today.

I have been wanting to go further on the path and decided this week was the time to stretch my journeys on the path. My goal today: ride from Tyrone area all the way up town to Tropicana Field. According to Google maps my journey will take 7.4 miles and all of it is on the city-wide bike path. OK, let's go!

Oops, haven't even got on the path yet and discovered I have forgotten my water bottle. Tough it out, Mike and keep focused.


This neat "Field of Dreams" mural on the side of a building was nice.



This looks to be an old railroad depot (the path used to be railroad) that has been transformed into the St. Petersburg Clay Company. They have structures along the yard area with some of their work.


Question: I passed this quarry and they are watering their rocks and gravel. Anyone know why?




An area next to Gibbs High School where the original rails still sit. Unfortunately there was no drinking fountain.



This Buccaneers bus hasn't been out celebrating or tailgaiting all season.  Must be junk, and just when the Buccanners are starting to look pretty good.

The path goes underneath this factory area as we get closer to downtown. The path is supposed to be abandoned at sunset and going through this at night would certainly get me anxious.


Success. After a nice ride I reached the Trop.




I went around Tropicana Field as my victory lap. Woo hoo. Now I turn around and we have other goodies to show you tomorrow. Don't miss it.






For those who may be interested it took me approximately 42 minutes to go 7.62 miles, and I expended 382 calories which I more than gained back when I spied a Klondike Bar in the fridge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant