Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits



Alfred and I usually go up to Burger King everyday for a afternoon snack and a walk.  We saw this last Tuesday flying overhead.  The sun blocked most of the detail but it was one of the Goodyear airships.  Slow, lumbering, and quiet, it is an awesome sight.


++++++++++



Why I won't post political comments on Existing In BFE:

You can't get away from it.  It's on Facebook, on blog sites, in the news, ad nauseum.  This is a divided nation; an angry nation.  Civil discourse is anything but civil.  Politics divides us as a people and in some cases divides families.  Here are the reasons I won't make comments on this site.

1.  No one cares what I think.

2.  Any views I may have wouldn't alter anyone's opinion, so it becomes nothing more than a further wedge to divide.  

3.  

I don't consider anything I have to say about Trump/Obama/Hillary to be any more or less relevant than anyone else.  I want to appear bright for as long as I can. 

4.  It is not my job to educate voters.  It is their job to learn the facts and to vote in a fashion that suits them.  My only hope as an educated voter is that the uneducated voter will not vote.   I would rather have a minority of educated voters than an army of the uneducated. 

5.  People tend to be naturally impervious to oppostion logic.

6.  I might be wrong. 

Of course, if you buy me a beer or breakfast I'll sing like a canary.

Small Print:  I reserve the right to amend this policy at anytime since I think Comrade-Elect Trump is ripe for future commentary.  His defense of Putin, his battle with NATO, the Intelligence organizations, the press and iconic civil rights leaders point to a guy more interested in headlines than logic.  Naturally I am supporting him and his staff and wish them all the success in the world, short of gutting the VA, Social Security, Medicare and public schools.  And don't get me going on American health care.  It is now and will get more screwed up.  Have a nice day. 



++++++++++

Craftsman tools under the Sears banner has always been a favorite of mine.  They are, or were, simply the best.  Once they are sold off I doubt they will retain their previous quality.  Too bad - another American icon gone.  

++++++++++



My parents had this cool cigarette lighter back when everyone smoked.  It was a 60's or 70's Electro-Match which was big for all of its allotted 15 minutes.  I saw one at a retro store in downtown St. Pete but didn't pull the trigger when I had the chance.  When I returned a week later to buy it it, sadly, it was gone.  I am now searching Ebay for one like it.  Remember it, Blythe boys?

++++++++++



Consignment shops seem to be what I do most of on weekends.  That is one of the reasons I got the Pathfinder, so I wouldn't have to go on these glorified yard-sale-under-a-roof adventures.  But sometimes being a good soldier and going along is one way to be with the kidlings.  Anyway, as I was wandering aimlessly (something I do well) I came across this trophy sitting on the floor.      It looked to have an association with a car so I was curious.  Upon inspection I noted the inscription: Pack 29, Pinewood Derby, 2000, 1st.  I'm no expert, but shouldn't things like this find a place in the attic or storage closet?  What is it doing here?  Much like family pictures in antique stores, some things should remain in the family.  
++++++++++



Alfred enjoying a little poolside fun.  


++++++++++



I saw this clinging to one of the walls here at Waterboard.  When was the last time you saw a chrysalis? 

++++++++++ 


Took this picture of Norah last week when she was wearing her Mercer County Eagles T-shirt I got her last summer.  I love her expression.  

++++++++++

I have been going to the gym every morning while all you guys are asleep and, along with that, watching what I am eating.  I can go for days eating carrots and celery sticks but then a day comes along that looks like this:


++++++++++


Hmmm.  Water or beer.  Easy choice.

++++++++++

Things you find on the shelves at Aldi's.  Price check!



++++++++++


I've now been back in Kitschlandia for a month.  Seems like six.

++++++++++

I see Dr. Phlegm in a couple weeks and here is hoping I can get off the steroidal flush and nasal spray.  

++++++++++





Saw this at the park.  Kid got a neat remote car for Christmas.  I wanted to get more but they had to leave.  That and my iPhone doesn't hold a lot of memory and I'm too stubborn to par a buck a month for more storage.  

Comments

  1. #4 like it! Small print: well done. Keep up the good work. Love this blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant