1. Remember the scene in Crimson Tide when Hackman says Lippinzaners were white at birth, and Washington says they are actually black at birth and grow white with age? And remember when they debate whether they come from Spain or Portugal? Well, today, some of them come from Myakka City, Florida, where they stay at the Colonel Herrmann's Royal Lipizzan Ranch. This is where Colonel Herrmann, who came over from Austria, houses his Lipizzaners during the winter and continue their daily training. The Colonel is no longer with us, but his daughter continues the family tradition. After having it on her wish list for several decades, the current Mrs. Blythe asked if I'd like to join her in attending one of their performances. Knowing that the blog is always hungry, and not particularly a fan of horses, other than the greatest joke ever invented*, I agreed to escort her on her birthday plans. Suffice to say I will go into greater detail, with pictures, and video, at a later date.
By the way, they originated in Spain, but spent most of their existence in Austria, bred and trained by the Hapsburgs. Another tidbit, General Patton saved them from the Russians, who most likely would have eaten them, before or after, having bestial relations, the dirty swine.
2. I bought a ticket to go see the Rays and Twins on the 24th. By the way, I am fielding 4 fantasy teams this year and have only one Cub and one Met. That is probably one of each too many and I may make some changes before they jinx my teams.
3. Norah and I give a hearty "thumbs-up" for Frozen.
4. I know many of you are curious as to how well I did on my basketball bracket. Out of 11 teams I came in 11th. I'm not surprised.
5. Useless Trivia: Look at the dark night sky sometime. You can actually see as far as 19 quadrillion miles. That's 19,000,000,000,000,000 miles put numerically. I'm going to throw that out next time I'm sitting around a fire at Tim's place in BFE.
5. And finally, fellows. Is your dong old? Tired? Need a new one? Well, come on down to St. Pete and check out the Dong Market. I'll bet that regardless of the dong you eat, you'll be hungry in an hour.
* A horse walks into a bar. The bartender asks, "Hey, why the long face?"