Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits

1.  Don't be surprised if we take a few days off here real soon.  The staff has been getting itchy and they all want to go to the beach after a long winter.  It's been awhile since we have had some time off so in the interest of team morale I just may oblige my overworked and underpaid staff.  

2.  Unoriginal Thought Of The Day:  Everyone who ever lived, lived in modern times.

3.  Under the "Real Floridians Suck" category,  this doesn't change my opinion of Floridians, it only reaffirms it.  We Northerners give the place a little class.





4.  Go to Bodine-DILLIGAF on my home page to read an interesting tale set in 1957 when Florida dropped a nuclear bomb on Georgia.  
  
5. Mainsail Art Festival was held at the Vinoy on the 19th and 20th of April, and I am sorry to say I did not see anything that dazzled my eyes and was in my price range.  I was smitten by Jane Slivka and her acrylics, but ended up not patronizing (buying art work) the arts this year.  


Jane works with bright colors and en plain air style.  I liked it but not enough to shell out.  We'll try again next year. 

6.  For you Norah watchers, this was taken last Sunday.  I think Kenzie posted it on Facebook, too.  I took it with my iPhone I'm holding in my other hand.  That's me in the black shirt.  She turns 3 next Thursday.

She seldom has her hair up, and in fact, this was to last only a few moments until she reached up and took the hair-thingy off.  




I don't have anything else, today.  Come back tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant