Skip to main content

Mystery Reference Points


I am not given to hysterics.  In all my stargazing I have never seen a UFO (well, maybe one).  I have read the calculations of how far an advanced alien civilization would have to come to find us in the vastness of space and have ruled out the possibility. The technology for traveling such distances seems daunting even for the most advanced.  And there is the question of why.  Surely there must be millions of worlds more suitable for whatever they need, and thus, the third question.  If they need something why not take it?  Why just the endless spatial drive-bys?  

Anyway, after having had breakfast with the clan at the Egg Platter I noticed a small round washer driven into the parking lot by a small nail.  I asked if anyone had noticed them before and wondered what it was for.  No one knew.  

And then I started to notice them everywhere.
    


On sidewalks.







In roads.





In parking lots.


Some have been highlighted.

OK, lets deduce their purpose.  Obviously they are reference points.  One actually has REF PT on it.  But what does it reference?  

  • Property?  Not likely because I saw one in the middle of a street.
  • Water and/or Gas Line?  Best question Wombie about this, I mean AQUAMAN.  But even that didn't make much sense since one I saw was in the middle median of a 6 lane street.  You'd think they'd flow water and gas perpendicular to roads other than major thoroughfares.  If you have a break you would be having to tear into a major means of commuting.



  • GPS or Google Earth coordinates.  Maybe.  Or maybe it is an advance guard of an alien race Hell-bent on invasion when the time is ripe.  Yeah, that's it!  They are reference points for  landing sites for their Praetorian War Birds.  The Motherships will be enveloped in cloud formations and when the perfect moment arrives they will streak to Earth like gnarly sand gnats.  
Laugh all you want but it has happened twice before, as evidenced by the clips below.  Look to the skies!!!!!!!!!!!!!     






Great martian war from PLAZMA on Vimeo.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant