Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits

1.  Kitchen Cooked


This is a poor iPad picture of my seat-mate's bag of Kitchen Cooked chips she brought onto the plane with her.  It was interesting to see the bag expand as we rose in the sky.  At one point she was quite concerned about an explosion,  while I was only focused on consuming the fallout. It never popped so I suggested she open it to relieve the pressure.   She did and offered me some of the bounty.  I swear, when you don't have easy access to the stuff you love, it is like gold when you get back to it.   

2.  Miss Haversham Meets Night Of the Living Dead



When I was trying to capture the Perseid's Meteors in Knoxville, it was in this area right behind Pat's house.  It is actually a Lutheran-affiliated cemetery.  The number of stones are minimal, you can just about count them all on three hands.  

It was It was around 3:00 AM and I was seated with lawn chair and tripod to the left and center of the black stone on the near right.  All of the other stones are clear up toward the tree line.  Through  the well lit field I saw a figure walking toward me.  It's gauzy white robes were lightly flowing in the small breeze.  It was floating toward me.  My rational mind said it had to be Pat.  It just had to be!  All I could muster as it neared was to say,  "You better be Pat."  Indeed it was, with lawn chair and hot cocoa.  One of the best moments of my stay.  She relaxed and we chatted for a while, finished the cocoa, and made for a fun memory.    


3.  Pickle Salt



Another new additive to my Bloody Mary's.  Didn't even know it existed.  

4.  Latest Pole


A stripper pole at Neighbor Tim's Garage Bar And Grill.  Now I see what I've been missing.  OK, bye Florida, I've got better places to be.  (I'm told that it was installed for exercise purposes, and I reckon that's one thing you can do with it.)   

5.  News of Netflix signing Adam Sandler for 4 original movies makes me want to cancel. 

6.  I think I know the exact date America started dumbing down.  May 25th, 1977.  I may or may not expound on this revelation at a later date.   

7.  Norah Watch For This Week 





 Princess Norah of Arendale

I remember life before Frozen.  A cool tune by Cat or maybe Maroon or maybe even the Kid might crawl into by mind and it would be on a loop for awhile, always to the good.  But now, all I have running in my head is "Wanna Build A Snowman", :In Summer" or "Let it Go".  I can't get it out of my head.  And then I look around the place and I see Frozen backpacks, dolls, puzzles, dresses, applesauce, doorstops, everything imaginable.  My life is now a constant rerun of an endless movie that I have maybe seen 50 times.  I find myself looking at Google Earth to find a pier that will relieve me of Frozen, Princess Anna, Kristoff, Sven, those creepy trolls, Queen Elsa and that sucky-funky snowman, Olaf.  Prince Hans is the lucky one.  He was the bad guy and deported back to the Seven Isles.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant