Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits

1.  Just ran across this YouTube vid I found on some site.




It's fake, of course, but dang, that is well done.  I had palpable goosebumps.   


2.  Rhubarb Pie and a Time Machine 



One of my highlights so far is to have this rhubarb pie gracing my fridge.  Rhubarb days was a couple weekends ago and S-I-L Holly went down and bought this for me.  A first she was going to get one of those blended rhubarb-strawberry ones because they taste better, but I stepped in and said a rhubarb-only was my heart's desire.  Why?  We had a rhubarb patch in Seaton and Marj made the rhubarb only variety.  This was strictly a nostalgia treat for me.

3.  Brendan, concerned with my internet hookup problems, called and told me about a devise sold at Wal-MArt that could get my desktop running.  It is a USB Wi-Fi adapter.  So I picked one up and it worked!  Thanks, Brenny.
 
4.  In Floriduh I yelled at cars to slow up.  In Northlandia I yell for them to speed up.

5.  You didn't think that since I was spending a few weeks up North that you would'nt be getting Norah reports did you?  

  

No need to see a doctor.  This is one of the joys of childhood - a sucker and a mirror. 



Norah has graduated from a car seat to a booster.  Woo hoo!



But the princess still falls asleep in her royal carriage. 

6.  The Frump

A selfie of me driving Miss Frump.  She has been in storage and is now in Emerald City.  There was a car show in G-Burg last weekend, but alas, this is the monsoon season.  Nothing but rain.  No car shows this trip up but there should be several in August.

7.  "Wisdom develops from many truths and many lies."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant